Sunday, May 16, 2010

Can evening primrose if you use softgel caps cause u to miscarry?

I was wondering on some sites, it was said evening primrose soft gelcaps can cause you to miscarry I was just wondering if this was true. Does anyone know what herbs you can not take while pregnant?

Can evening primrose if you use softgel caps cause u to miscarry?
Most midwives and books would not recommend you start using Evening Primrose until about the 35 week of pregnancy. Because one of the effects it has on the woman is a softening of the cervix, it would most likely not be recommended early on in the pregnancy as it could cuse premature dilation of the cervix which could lead to the miscarriage.
Reply:you can take evening primrose, I just talked to my doc about that. I don't know about most herbs, call an OBGYN and ask, they will let you know! But EP is okay!


No comments:

Post a Comment