Sunday, May 16, 2010

Will I benefit from taking evening primrose oil or flaxseed oil if I'm already taking Omega 3 supplements?

I already take fish oil supplements (Nordic Naturals ProOmega) which has 650 mg EPA %26amp; 450 mg DHA (Omega 3's) and also a tiny bit of Oleic acid (Omega 9).

Will I benefit from taking evening primrose oil or flaxseed oil if I'm already taking Omega 3 supplements?
Absolutely! Evening Primrose Oil has Omega-6 GLA, which is good for skin health and helping to balance out a woman's hormones (which helps a LOT of women with their "monthly issues"). Flaxseed Oil has Omega-3 ALA, which has some added benefits for cardiovascular and heart health among other things... it's similar benefits to Fish Oil, but you can take both for added effect.
Reply:If you are taking omega3 supplement in sufficient quantity. I don't think you need more of it but in my opinion to get omega 3 from flex seed oil or primrose is better than any supplement.


No comments:

Post a Comment