Friday, May 21, 2010

Is evening primrose oil ok for late teens and young adults, or is it just for older women ?

It used for all age. Just follow the leaflet inside.

Is evening primrose oil ok for late teens and young adults, or is it just for older women ?
I have read up on it because I was using it myself and I am young. While I was taking it my breasts became very sore and tender. After I quit taking it, I felt fine again. I later had the opportunity to discuss this with a qualified homeopath, and she said evening primrose oil is for women who have gone through menopause or those who have had complete hysterectomies. It can be harmful to normal young people. She did say flax seed oil and EPA fish oils were good to take at any age, so I now take those and I feel great. I hope this helps.
Reply:I took it in my teens. It didn't affect my ability to get pregnant...I was pregnant about 5 yrs after I had taken it (it's been 7-8 yrs)...


I haven't come down with cancer yet, but I suppose if any negative side effects happen in the future, I'll note it on here.





I believe I took it to prevent cramps from being really bad while I was using Black Cohosh to regulate my periods. Black Cohosh is highly not recommended, but the evening primrose oil shouldn't be that unhealthy, and has gamma-linolenic acid.





If you're really concerned, talk to your Gyn/primary care doctors to determine whether it's a good option for your age group, or if there is anything else that might be a healthier option ^_^





Good luck!

Boxing Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment